Mockingjay Power
WARNING!!!
This site may include SPOILERS for the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Anything that includes spoilers will hopefully be marked so, but the staff can't be positive this is the case.
Remember, you were warned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mockingjay Power
WARNING!!!
This site may include SPOILERS for the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Anything that includes spoilers will hopefully be marked so, but the staff can't be positive this is the case.
Remember, you were warned.
Mockingjay Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Docks

2 posters

Go down

The Docks Empty The Docks

Post by edgar Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 am

Edgar Roso stared at his large black boots. They were covered entirely in mud. His arms were sweaty from paddling his rowboat around all day. At least he caught a large cod fish, they were rare, even in District 4 because they almost went extinct when they were over fished at one point. Now, they were considered a delicacy in the Capitol, and any fisherman lucky enough to catch one would get a large amount of money in exchange.

Edgar looked ahead. He was almost at the dock where he kept and locked up his boat. His boat's name was named Silver Lady, and she was a very fine boat with a grand keel. Edgar was lucky to have her. His father had built the Silver Lady when Edgar was only twelve years old, Edgar's father had taught Edgar how to manage the boat, and how to roe. Edgar's father had died two years later, leaving Edgar alone with his little brother, Maxwell.

The boat clanged against the metal edge of the dock and Edgar hoped out. He then grabbed the rope sitting in the bottom of Silver Lady and tied it around the small copper post that Silver Lady was attatched too. Edgar was often worried that somebody would steal her, but he couldn't sleep outside to protect her, so he just hoped she would be there, at the dock, every morning when Edgar woke up. Edgar sold the fish he caught for money, and the money bought him food and shelter. Even though Edgar and Maxwell lived alone in the house, nobody cared or minded. Nobody ever went around, checking to see who lived where. In fact, it seemed as though nobody cared about anybody outside of their own lives in District 4. Edgar couldn't help wondering if that was the same in other districts. If it was, why didn't the Capitol do something about it? Surely they wanted the districts to survive. if they didn't, the Capitol would get any of the goods that the districts manufactured. Edgar began to walk away from the boat, carrying a bucket of the fish he had caught that day, including the codfish.
edgar
edgar

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

The Docks Empty Morning Stroll

Post by LollyDollz Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:39 pm

The air smelled salty and tasted pungent when it entered Soffe's mouth. She was walking along the ridge that overlooked the harbor where the dock stood. Soffe heard a cry, but not one of pain, one of joy. She looked up and saw a seagull circling over head, she smiled, they were such funny birds. Suddenly, Soffe jheard a loud noise, it was a bang!
What could that noise be? Soffe wondered silently.
Soffe knew whta it was soon, she saw the Sea gull freeze in mid air, then fall down suddenly. Soffe wondered who had shot the bird, and what they were going to do with it. she decided that they would probably eat it and share it with their family, unless they sold it to the capitol/. A train was going to come in just a few minutes, so many people would be waiting at the station. Soffe loved train-days, it meant everybody was out and about, so she had the roads and the dock to herself. She began to walk down the small set of wooden stairs that led to the docks themselves. She loved the feeling of the bare wood against the skin on her feet. Something about it calmed the fire that was always relentlessly burning inside her.
Soffe walked towards Edgar, who was standing on the dock carrying a large cod. Soffe wished she could fish the way Edgar could, then she would never be hungry. Of course, Edgar sold most of his catches. Edgar's back was to Soffe, so he didn't see her.
He is probably very rich, lucky him, lucky his family. Soffe thought bitterly, she knew about Edgar because he was undoubtubly one of the best, and most famolus fishermen in town.
"Hello, Edgar Roso." Soffe said.
LollyDollz
LollyDollz

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

The Docks Empty Re: The Docks

Post by edgar Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Edgar heard his name spoken by a voice that he found unfamiliar. He set down the bucket of fish he held and, slowly turned around to see who stood behind him. It was a young girl with choppy and grayish blonde hair. She must have spoken, yes it was her. He thought as he looked at her. "What's your name?" He asked. As he waited for her response, he couldn't help wondering how she'd known his name. Sure, he was considered one of the best fishermen in the town, but he doubted that everybody knew his name because of that.
edgar
edgar

Back to top Go down

Post by LollyDollz Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:50 pm

"My name is Soffe Salmoner," I say as I watch Edgar curiously. "Are you going to sell that cod to the Capitol?"
I don't know why I just asked that, it suddenly dawned upon me that I want to know. Maybe I'm secretly hoping he'll say "No, you can have it." I doubt anything lucky like that'll ever happen to me. The only way out of this mess called my life is if I go to the Hunger Games and win. District 4 isn't an outlying district, but it's not a Career district either, so I'd say I have 50-50 chances of winning. That doesn't mean I want to go into a trap-filled arena with a with 23 other kids who all have to die if I'm going to win.
LollyDollz
LollyDollz

Back to top Go down

Post by edgar Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:00 pm

"Of course I am." Edgar says, wondering if Soffe is doubting his loyalty to the Capitol. "You don't think I'm a rebel to the capitol, do you?" Edgar doesn't know why he says that either, he doesn't feel bad about it though because he doesn't say it with any reproach, simply curiousity. Edgar picks up the bucket and finishes tying his ship to the dock.
edgar
edgar

Back to top Go down

Post by LollyDollz Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:20 pm

I wish I could fish, if I could my life would be a whole lot easier. I look down at the wooden boards that make up the dock, wondering if I could learn. Then it dawns on me that Edgar Roso must have learned how to fish from someone, and maybe that someone would teach me! I'd probably have to pay them, but that would be fine because I'd earn my living with fishing.
So I ask, "Who taught you how to fish?"
LollyDollz
LollyDollz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum